Monday, January 19, 2015

IRS Gets Big Win In Court As Judge Dismisses Tea Party Targeting Cases

Years ago, I found myself sitting in law school in Moot Court wearing an oversized itchy blue suit. It was a horrible experience. In a desperate attempt to avoid anything like that in the future I enrolled in a tax course. I loved it. I signed up for another. Before I knew it, in addition to my JD, I had a LL.M Taxation. I needed only to don my cape…. taxgirl® was born. Today, I live and work in Philadelphia, PA, one of the best cities in the world (I can't even complain about the sports teams these days). I landed in the City of Brotherly Love by way of Temple University School of Law. While at law school, I interned at the estates attorney division of the IRS. At IRS, I participated in the review and audit of federal estate tax returns. I even took the lead on a successful audit. At audit, opposing counsel read my report, looked at his file and said, "Gentlemen, she's exactly right." I nearly fainted. It was a short jump from there to practicing, teaching, writing and breathing tax.

Contact Kelly Phillips Erb

The author is a Forbes contributor. The opinions expressed are those of the writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment